The Evolution of a Legal Rule
Use the link below to share a full-text version of this article with your friends and colleagues. Learn more. In contrast to existing articles, the flow of cases heard by the court is affected by the court's prior decisions. In equilibrium, the law settles endogenously, because the incentives to make legally controversial choices disappear as the law evolves.
Settled law exhibits residual uncertainty and ambiguity, and potentially implements inefficient outcomes.
Volume 49 , Issue 4. The full text of this article hosted at iucr. If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, your email address may not be registered, and you may need to create a new Wiley Online Library account.
- Account Options;
- Common law.
- The Mannerheim Line 1920-39: Finnish Fortifications of the Winter War (Fortress, Volume 88)!
- Underground: The Tokyo Gas Attack and the Japanese Psyche!
- Download options.
- Australias Welfare Wars: The Players, the Politics and the Ideologies.
- Endogenous cases and the evolution of the common law!
If the address matches an existing account you will receive an email with instructions to retrieve your username. Giri Parameswaran E-mail address: gparames haverford.
Read the full text. Tools Request permission Export citation Add to favorites Track citation.
Share Give access Share full text access. Share full text access. Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Advertisement Hide. The Efficiency of the Common Law Hypothesis.sibduedeten.tk
Understanding Common Law (with John Hasnas)
This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves. This is a preview of subscription content, log in to check access. Coase, R. CrossRef Google Scholar.
[PDF] Evolution and the Common Law - Semantic Scholar
Cooter, R. Google Scholar.
Erhlich, I. Landes, W.
- iPhone in action: introduction to Web and SDK development.
- Evolutionary Hierarchical Multi-Criteria Metaheuristics for Scheduling in Large-Scale Grid Systems.
- Mans Unconquerable Mind;
- Nurturing Nonviolent Children: A Guide for Parents, Educators, and Counselors (Contributions in Psychology (Praeger))!
- Meanings of Death in Rabbinic Judaism;
- Navigation menu;
Posner, R. Priest, G. Rowley, C. Rubin, P.